Offering you the combination of the wild beauty of a mountain while being 30m from the sea! Being 2,5km from Zante Town(Port) , 5km from the Zakynthos Airport (ZTH) , 11km from Vasilikos is the perfect spot for exploring all the beauties of the island. It's almost the south-west continuation of Zakynthos town with its natural bounds sprawling from the base of "Skopos" Mountain till the sea. Green land shelves gently and meets the sandy beach and the waves.
Is built at the outfall of a river and is today ruined in the small harbour of Argassi.
Literally in the sea in 10 meters distance from Argassi's seashore is located the old bridge. This landmark of Argassi was built at the beggining of the 19th century. Originally it was a part of the coastal which was constructed during the period of English domination but it was almost hidden in the sea. It started from the church of St. Spiridon of Sgournes and assumingly ended up in the Venetian Vardiola just before Davia.
The church of Panagia Skopiotissa can be found on top of mount Skopos –also named after it– 2km from Argassi.
The famous tourist resort in the southern part of the island. The snow-white church, in crosswise style with dome was built in 1624 and stands to this day on the ruins of an old monastery, which is thought to have been built in the place of the much older temple of Artemis. Remarkable wall-paintings can be seen inside the church, the temple (made of stone), impressive paintings, woodcuts and other valuable utensils, as well as the painting of Virgin Mary all the way from Istanbul. The double-headed eagle (symbol of the byzantine empire) on the church floor will definitely draw your attention.
Probably the oldest of all, the Domenegini Tower is dated since the 17th century.
Once a tower -country manor of Domenegini family and it is inextricably linked to the Greek National Liberation Fight (1821) as it was the place where the secret meetings of the Friendly Society Leaders were held to launch the Revolution against Peloponnese. Only a few meters away from the Tower is the adjacent fountain known as "Solomo's Fountain" or "Venetian Fountain" from which natural water has been running all those years till recently. According to the tradition it is actually thought that it was the idyllic location where the national poet Dionysios Solomos inspired the well known quantrain of "Tranquillity": "Not even a wave is heard at the deserted beach as if the sea is also sleeping cradled in the Earth's arms"